Life Happens, But What About the Stress It Generates?

This article suggests an idea of how to deal with the normal stresses of every day life by identifying them, listing them and then working to reduce them.  

You would create the list by placing the more stressful items at the top and the least at the bottom of the list.  The article gives the advice of startng on the bottom of the list to work out the issues causing the stress.  If the issue is connected to other people in your life it also suggests that you enlist their help in clarifying the stress and working it out.  

Working from the bottom of the list is intended to kee you from becoming overwhelmed and once you complete a few items, you will feel you have accomplished something.  It also describes that your goals of accomplishing things should be realistic because if it isn't then you set youself up for feelings of frustration and failure.  Important ideas are to plan a time line, stay positive and pause from time to time to pat yourself on the back for your progress.

Questions
Do you ever get stressed?  When you find you are stressed do you think a technique like this could work? What do you do when you get stressed out ?


4 comments:

ashley said...

Yes, I do get stressed alot. I do think a technique like this could work. When ever I am stressed out I actually do these techniques and they work for me. I feel that making a list helps because its helps you get organized and you can plan out how you want to accomplish each task.

Tyler Barrett said...

Yes, I do stress out at times. Techniques like this could work. This is because I feel good when I write things down and get it off my chest. However, when I'm stressed I usually doing some sort of physical activity so I don't think about it.

Unknown said...

I dont think a technique like this would work for me. But when I get stressed out I try to do something else to distract me.

shut up deanna said...

Yes I get stressed out, especially this time of year, and being a senior. I personally do not think that this kind of a technique would work for me. I beleive this would result in a worse product. When I get stressed out I try to do put the stressful thing aside and relax myself. After relaxed when I am ready I go back and work on the task again and Making sure I don't get worked up about it again.